● Languages: bilingual French - English (Catalan being learned)
● Professional experience (summary):
- Independent neurologist, from November 2020 to date
- Hospital Neurologist (2019 to 2020) and Hospital-University Neurologist (Clinical & Research Fellow, from 2015 to 2019):
Sainte Marguerite Hospital and Timone Hospital of the Marseille University Hospital Center – France (Assistance Publique – Hôpitaux de Marseille, and Aix-Marseille University) – assigned to the Memory Consultation:
Consultations and neurological assessments in Behavioral Neurology day hospital: diagnosis and management of cognitive disorders from the earliest stages (persistent cognitive complaint or "subjective cognitive decline" or "subjective cognitive impairment", "mild cognitive impairment") occurring in the context of neurodegenerative diseases (Alzheimer's disease, dementia with Lewy bodies, etc.) or psychiatric diseases (bipolarity, etc.), developmental disorders such as attention deficit disorder, or even in the context of cognitive sequelae of other diseases neurological (epilepsy, head trauma, stroke, etc.).
- Medical trainer / physician trainer for the public, since 2019 to date: co-founder of Séquoia Santé SAS, a company that creates and markets online training on the subject of longevity, intended for the public.
● Medical, scientific training and diplomas (summary)
2019: Admitted to the National Hospital Practitioner Competition (CNPH), Paris – France.
2018 – 2020: 1st then 2nd year of Doctoral Thesis in Sciences, specialty Neurosciences, Aix-Marseille University – France (termination of the thesis in November 2020 following a change of activity).
2017: Defense and obtaining of a Master 2 Research in Neurosciences, specialty Integrative and Cognitive Neurosciences (NIC), mention AB, Aix-Marseille University – France.
2015: Defense and obtaining of the Thesis of Exercise of Doctorate of Medicine (very honorable mention, congratulations of the jury), Aix-Marseille University – France.
2015: Defense and obtaining of the Diploma of Specialized Studies (D.E.S.) in Neurology, validating the third cycle of medical studies, Aix-Marseille University – France.
2012: National ranking tests, ranked 1360/8156 (ex-competition of the French ‘Internat’), for the choice of Neurology in Marseille – France.
2009: Obtaining the Master 1 specialty Engineering for Health and Medicine, Joseph Fourier University, Grenoble – France.
2006: Passed the first-year medical exam (PCEM1), Joseph Fourier University, Grenoble – France.
● Academic scientific production (summary)
- Original articles from international medical journals (the 4 most recent):
Ageing stereotypes and prodromal Alzheimer's disease (AGING): study protocol for an ongoing randomised clinical study. British Medical Journal (BMJ) Open 2019. PMID: 31594904
Influence of Lewy Pathology on Alzheimer's Disease Phenotype: A Retrospective Clinico-Pathological Study. Journal of Alzheimer's Disease. 2018 May. PMID: 29758938.
Typical features of Parkinson’s disease and diagnostic challenges with microdeletion 22q11.2. Neurology 2018 Jun. PMID: 29752303.
Correlations of PET metabolic abnormalities to MRI and clinico-biological explorations, in dysimmune encephalitis [Article in French]. Médecine Nucléaire Nov–Dec 2017.
- Oral communications at international scientific congresses (the 3 most recent):
Clinical phenotypes of Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP). 33rd GRAL Congress, in collaboration with the MAYO-CLINIC Alzheimer’s disease Research Center, Marseille 2019
Mild Traumatic Brain Injury and Neurodegenerative Diseases. 32nd GRAL Congress (Mild traumatic brain injury and neurodegenerative diseases), in collaboration with the MAYO-CLINIC Alzheimer’s disease Research Center, Marseille 2018
The 22q11.2 microdeletion as a genetic cause to consider in case of early-onset Parkinson's disease. European Academy of Neurology (EAN), Berlin 2015.
- Poster presentations at international scientific congresses (the most recent):
Alzheimer’s disease with or without the co-occurrence of other neurodegenerative diseases: Distinct clinical and neuropathological phenotypes? A preliminary survey. European Academy of Neurology (EAN), Copenhague 2016.
- Book chapter/section
Section: Alzheimer's disease and mirror neurons, p. 155-61 (Chapter 6: Sensory and emotional workshops). Book: Therapeutic workshops in Alzheimer's disease and related syndromes in day care and EHPAD. Direction: Laurence Hugonot-Diener, Matthieu Piccoli and Sido Rougeul. Publisher: De Boeck Sup, March 2020. ISBN: 978-2807326200
● Areas of intervention (intervention only in adults) :
- Mood disorders, bipolar disorders
- Psychological disorders of pregnancy and postpartum
- Anxiety disorders, phobic disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorders (OCD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), adjustment disorders
- Burnout and stress at work
- Personality disorders
- Sleeping troubles
- Neuro-psycho-developmental disorders (adult ADHD, adult Asperger's, psychiatric symptoms associated with the DYS spectrum)
- Psychoses and chronic delusions
- Mindfulness psychotherapy
- Supportive psychotherapy
- Preparation for birth and labor
- Breastfeeding consultation
● Languages: bilingual French and English, Catalan and Castilian being learned
● Professional experience (summary):
- Psychiatrist in full hospitalization service (private clinics France)
- Internal hospitals of Marseille (Hospitals of Marseille and University of Aix-Marseille)
- Midwife in level IIb maternity (private clinic in Grenoble)
● Experience in clinical research (summary):
- Clinical Center of Pharmacology and Therapeutic Assessment, Clinical Pharmacology Department of Pr Olivier Blin, University Hospital of Marseille – France.
- Clinical Investigation Center, Clinical Pharmacology Department of Prof. Jean-Luc Cracowski, Grenoble University Hospital – France.
● Original articles from international medical journals (the 2 most recent):
- Laviolle B, Denèfle P, Gueyffier F, participants of Giens XXXIV Round Table “Translational research.” The contribution of genomics in the medicine of tomorrow, clinical applications and issues. Therapy. 2019 Feb;74(1):9–15.
- Gaillard-Bigot F, Zendjidjian XY, Kheloufi F, Casse-Perrot C, Guilhaumou R, Micallef J, et al. Quantitative System Pharmacology (QSP): An Integrative Framework for paradigm change in the treatment of the first-episode schizophrenia. Brain. 2018 Dec;44(6S): S34–8.
Her great knowledge of facial anatomy and her continuous training in advanced injection techniques have made her a great expert in the main facial harmonization and rejuvenation procedures without surgery.
Dr. Núria Escoda, in the search for balanced results that enhance the natural beauty of each person, bets on fully personalized progressive treatments.
She is a reference in the profession throughout the country, and a mentor to some of the best aesthetic medicine professionals of the new generations, being part of the teaching team of the Master in Aesthetic Medicine accredited by the Spanish Society of Aesthetic Medicine (SEME) and from the Allergan Medical Institute training team.
• Degree in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Barcelona.
• Master's degree in Clinical Nutrition with an excellent cum laude qualification from the Autonomous University of Barcelona.
• Master in Medicine and Cosmetic Surgery for aging.
• Postgraduate degree in Dermopharmacy and Cosmetology for Cosmetic Medicine and Surgery, by the University of Barcelona.
• Diploma in Aging Medicine, by the Autonomous University of Barcelona.
• Diploma in Clinical Bases in Medicine and Cosmetic Surgery, by the Autonomous University of Barcelona.
• Collegiate accreditation diploma in continuing medical training (*dac-fmc), awarded by the Council of Medical Colleges of Catalonia and the College of Doctors of Barcelona.
• Diploma certifying training in Aesthetic and Cosmetic Medicine.
• Spanish Society of Aesthetic Medicine (SEME)
• Spanish Society of Medicine and Cosmetic Surgery (SEMCC)